Thursday, May 20, 2010

Robert Johnson

What an amazing man. I want to just say that Robert Johnson is my new favorite artist as of today; and also that how I said the song "This is Why we Fight" was in a Robert Johnson style I was wrong, to call it that, would be to stab his poor brilliant body in it's grave. It doesn't even begin compare to the sheer brilliance of Robert Johnson.

I spent the first part of the day finishing my photo shoot, and starting to develop but I ran into a problem, so I wandered over to the studio to do some practice

woh, it is hard to learn lyrics in a language you don't really speak.

But practice was good, then I went out and worked on some Delta Blues style finger picking
I read this really interesting Biography of The Delta Blues Legend and listened to all 28 of his recordings, and went to lunch.

After lunch I went and worked on my boat, to get it ready for the art show,

Then was the dress rehearsal

It was Awesome.

Then I sat outside in the starlight, and played a little blues

"This is why we fight, We fight to be free."
We all fight to speak, We all fight to dream
This is why we fight, We fight to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment