Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Night number two, A very successful day. I arrived early in the morning with marion, and waited for bill.... no bill. So instead I listened to my Ipod....
Thats right. For the first hour and a half or so of my day; I sat with a notebook and a pen and listened to some of the greatest songs of my library.
When the ocean gets rough- Willy Mason
One day the river- Sean Hayes, Must be Love- Ricki lee Jones, Waiting around to die- Townes Van Zandt, Don't Think Twice it's Alright- Bob Dylan, ect.

And I asked My self; What makes a good song?
And after writing down a very long winded list (a compilation from just about everybody that wandered through the studio that morning) I decided that what made a good song was simply weather you like it or not, and that it is all about taste. Some people like it sad and slow; Ne me Quites Pas- Jacques Brel, some like it loud and fast; Punk Rock Girl- The Dead Milkmen
it really all depends
so then, all inspired, I wrote a song, and I think I'm going to call it "Sing the Blues" and I'm not sure if I like it, but I'm looking forward to see how it comes alive in Bill's hands.

I also figured something very disturbing out today... Yesterday, I worked for 4 hours, from 1030 to 1230 and 115 to 315, today I worked 5 hours during the day 8 30 to 1130 and 115 to 330 and one at night, but If I want to work the target 7 hour day I need to work from 815 to 315 with no breaks! (because of play practice) I geuss I'll talk to Michelle tomaro!
oh boy

No comments:

Post a Comment