Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Abreviated

So today, another great day, lot accomplished, I recorded two songs, "Learn to sing (the blues)" a new song, and "Lemon Verbena" a very old song and I also went and talked to michele about turning my senior project from full to abreviated.

That mission was successful! And under no circumstances does it mean I will work any less time.... It just means I don't have to work crazy crazy hours just to accommodate the 72 hour work minimum!

My life is simple, easy, and inspiring. I have loads to look forward to. I have a job and a loving home, a healthy relationship, a few great friends Loving parents, food to eat, clean clothes to wear, (when I do laundry).

The point I believe I'm getting at is basically I am boring.... So there would be no point to write a song about myself; "One time, friends, I had a ma, I even had a pa. He beat her with a belt once cus she cried" -Townes Van Zandt

I have to think of something else now... so what?

I know! I'll take a hike and write a song about the movement of the woods, (or something)

And so, Turnbull, If you want to find me tomaro, you can go running around the woods, because thats where I'll be; Pen in hand
writing of the ways of the world

for tonight, Marlon Brando, Potatoe chips and lemonade.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can write a song about your snacks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlon Brando, potato chips, and lemonade: Matt, that's a good line for a poem. Keep writing your fabulous poems!!! Love to you, Laurie Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear about the movement of the woods! or something...

    ReplyDelete